Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the rear bumper back on.
    These screws were rusted solid.

I had to cut them very slowly and with cold water intermittently to avoid heat damage to the plastic.
    I’ve used stainless fittings.

Anyone else had issues fitting these new trims from Audi Tradition?
    The groove is badly formed.

I’ve done the tracking front and rear using string to get me to the tyre place for proper alignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• You've got the clip upside down. You have it facing them same way as it should when they are mounted on the T-pins along the doors.
      The strip should just slide along the door clips from the back to the front of the door.

Comment

• I just put the new clip in the track for the picture. They are mounted correctly on the car.
        The problem is that the track the clips run in is too tight. I have sanded the start points a little and got two out of three to engage. More tomorrow.
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Sorry, the picture made me think you had a mix up. So the channel is deformed? I've got a spare set here I'll have a check too.

Comment

• Not deformed, just poorly moulded. The old ones slide in no issue.
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• You'll be on the road before long at this rate!

It's surprising how accurate one can get the tracking using string, as long your happy with having zero toe adjustment, I did the string thing and set the camber with a digital gauge on my old 3B to get to the tracking place. I'd managed to get the tracking on the front close to or within tolerance's, however both rear wheel were toed in by over 30 minuets whereas they should be toed out by about 10 mins. Five min's on the front.
              Did you set the wheel bearing housings to max negative camber by putting a jack under the hub before tightening the two strut to bearing housing bolts up?

This has a couple of advantage's, first it's means you can separate the housings from the struts in future and be able put them back together again in exactly same place. Secondly it buys you at least half a degree of extra negative camber each side which means you can get both sides set to max negative (1.2 degrees) without having to push the ball joints out so far which on the front allows for extra castor adjustment and you want much positive castor as possible there. I ended up with mine set at close to three degrees of castor each side, one was actually just beyond tolerances, but I told the tracking guy to leave it there as the camber dead on the same each side..
              Last edited by K Simmonds; 11 March 2022, 19:28. Reason: Tiny inaccuracy in my data.
              1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
              1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
              1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
              1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• No, didn't do that
                When I did the Avant with string, guy doing the tracking was amazed how close I got it. Most tractors are done with just string.
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Here's the tracking information in case you need it.

Also this is a test to see if I can get better pictures of the windscreen info for B5NUT as well as everyone else. I did this shot free hand but it took over ten attempts, my evening meds and some very deep breaths before I got one this good. There's pages of windscreen data to contend with, all the Valium on earth wouldn't be able to keep me still enough to manage that.

I don't why it says the Castor is non adjustable when I know for a fact it is, I mean why give a figure and tolerance's for something that's supposedly fixed, makes zero sense to me that one.
                  Last edited by K Simmonds; 11 March 2022, 19:52. Reason: More info.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                    No, didn't do that
                    When I did the Avant with string, guy doing the tracking was amazed how close I got it. Most tractors are done with just string.
                    A straight line is a straight line mate, be it laser or string, but you know that as well I do.

When I set out a cut roof on a building I only use string, a dead straight 13' foot scaffold board, some datum points along with a highly accurate 6' level and I'd put money my roofs being just as straight as those done with a laser. Might take me a touch longer, but that's how my father taught me to do it and that's how I'll always do it.

Comment

• Thanks for the settings. They will be helpful. The Hunter kit the garage uses has stored values in its computer but nice to double check with something reliable.
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• No problem at all mate and now it's here for everybody else as well.

The hunter set up is excellent, but only as accurate as the operator, still I'm sure you have confidence in your garage otherwise you wouldn't use them. Best tracking place I know of is in Bristol, they redid my Coupe for me after I fell out with a place in Newport for nearly killing me on the M6 by leaving a front ball loose on my RS2.

Absolutely terrifying, possibly the scariest situation I've ever experienced, that really is saying something.
                        Last edited by K Simmonds; 11 March 2022, 19:46. Reason: More info.

Comment

• Got them on. The bottom of the trim needs to bend out a little to allow the runners to engage with the track. Plenty of white grease and a little heat from a heat gun and we are all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Nothelle S2 Avant
                          Black Ur project
                          Ocianic Ur project gone
                          S2 Coupe project gone
                          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Good show, I was going to suggest soaking them in warm soapy water to soften them up a little and help with lubrication.

Comment

• Have a guess what diameter these are.... bang on 59mm, still don't know if they will fit but 50/50 on them working. I need one new one myself, thanks ********* Tyres, why I try and do everything myself.

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Interesting Kit. If I can't find anything that fits maybe I could borrow one to use as a template for printing
                                Nothelle S2 Avant
                                Black Ur project
                                Ocianic Ur project gone
                                S2 Coupe project gone
                                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
                                X