Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My S2 coupe bit of a rebuild and repair thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used these loads they give a great service

Comment

• Where are they based, with the injectors on the S2 being somewhat expensive and hard to get hold of I would not want them posting

Comment

• It's positive that you have had a good experience with them Rikki.

Certainly want mine doing for peace of mind.

Cheers

Jase.

Comment

• Weather was nice yesterday, so cracked on making further fuel pipes. Again made up a template of what bends were needed for the return. If only that clip was a few cm further inboard would have made it so much easer.
          1-template.jpg

Got the pipe made up and some protective sleeving, in the same place as the OEM pipe.
          2-pipe.jpg

Comment

• Looking very professional.
            That black plastic on the oe pipes is actually heat shield. I couldn't find anything similar and it's very difficult to swap over from the original pipes so I used wire heat shield available from Merlin.
            I also had issues with the location of that pipe clip circled. The bend in the pipes is critical at that point.
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Figured it was some sort of heat protection. That pipe is good for around 90°C so it should be OK. I cannot see the underside of the chassis at that point being over 100°C. Time will tell and if it's suffering then I've got similar heat wrap that you have used. That bend caused me a bit of trouble as one length was damaged when I put the bend in, it started to flatten out. That's the feed and return sorted just got the breather pipe to make up.

Comment

• Originally posted by B5NUT View Post
                Where are they based, with the injectors on the S2 being somewhat expensive and hard to get hold of I would not want them posting
                Had two sets of S2 and my RS2 ones done all by post all came back safe n sound bud, great service, always use special delivery for peace of mind with valuable
                items

Comment

• Have to say I'm am a little concerned about sending them by post. Just recently I had a package from the US sent to an address in Wales (I live in Darlington) thankfully managed to get UPS to recollect and send to the correct address (Package had the correct address on and still ended up in wales!) Also two other packages were damaged in transit, one looked like they had played football with it and contents inside were damage so sent back, the other was damaged but was poorly packaged. My injectors (according to MOT's) have had just over a 100K on them, so if they went missing then my options are limited as I've not seen many in the UK for sale and the only new ones available is from tradition at just under €800 but then add black market fee's and two lots of shipping cost and that price will be closer to €1000.

What is the life of these injectors, can they be fully refurbished (new seal's etc) or is just a cleaning process?

Comment

• They can be fully refurbished and most are running fine at over 200k. Get them sent for ultrasonic cleaning and flow testing.
                    Last edited by SteveH; 22 February 2022, 22:16.
                    91 Modded 3B
                    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

• I replaced mine and bought them from Bosch, it wasn't that long ago

Comment

• Interesting, do you know the Bosch part number?

Comment

• Mine is a 3b so not sure if they are the same on ABY, I suspect they are. I just used the part number from the injector, I changed them at the same time as my injector seats...

Comment

• I could look through my receipts..

Comment

• Etka lists two different injectors. So 3B is 034906031 and ABY is 034906031B The 3B injector was used from 1980 to early 90's, but the ABY injector was only used for a few years. Noticed a fair few parts are obsolete on the ABY and yet still available for the 3B. However I wanted the 6 speed box so I'm stuck with my choice.

I sometimes regret buy the S2, but I'm sure it's only because it's been off the road for the last 5 months and I've not been able to drive it. Also the amount of money it's consumed and still consuming! At least I know once this is done I won't have to do it again for a long time.

Comment

• Finally got finished with cutting and bending hardlines, just need to tighten the compression joints and fasten the final 2 clips. Then connect the flexi pipes to the tank & breather.

For the feed line I took the pipe I had made up to my local Pirtek, and they fitted a couple of compression joints. Nice helpful group of people.
                                1-joint.jpg
                                2-joint.jpg

Not 100% OEM but far better than what was there before.

This area still need a slight tweak
                                3-pipe.jpg

For the rest of it, I'm happy enough with the fitment
                                4-pipe.jpg
                                5-pipe.jpg

Got the rear heat shield on. It's not great looking but it will do the job for a good many years to come
                                6-heat.jpg

Once the handbrake cables are on and the other heat shield fitted, I can finally start getting parts bolted back on to the car. If weather is kind to me for the next couple of weeks!

Comment

Working...
                                X