No announcement yet.

20V CQ Tidy Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think you guys have missed a trick here, I'm not doing all of this so I can run the standard K24

Originally posted by Error404 View Post

Don't really like the finish on the Wagner inlet so I will repaint that when the engine comes out to fit the MD357 later this year.

I plan to enjoy the car over the summer and do some track days, then fit the turbo and map the car over the winter.
    Motronic is useless to me as I can't decode it and those that can are quite rightly very protective of their hard work, hence the standalone.

Mark prior to fitting the Wagner gear the car dyno'd at 286hp and 310lbft. Will soon see what difference the Wagner kit has made, just for interests sake.
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Just teasing,i knew you were up to something other than A K24. What do you expect to see extra from the Wagner install?
      96 URS6 plus speck saloon
      96 URS6 plus speck estate
      94 2.6 80 Avant
      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• The little old turbo doesn't have much more to give up top, but it will be interesting to see if there is much difference in the area under the torque curve.
        It will be a useful back-to-back comparison, I don't recall ever seeing one
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• When is the MD357 going on?
          Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
          20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Probably be Autumn time now. Will be dead busy with work and getting married in June so not much time for tinkering over the next few months, and I don't want the car in bits all summer.
            I am working on the last few odds & sods for it, so I want to get it all fitted in one go so I can map it and then start work on Project Ultra
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusty View Post
              Alex, for your turbo size you could always leave it with Motronic[emoji38]
              The phonolic spacer puts the injector spray direction out of alignment so has to be thought about.
              Doesn't seem to be a problem for me so far.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by kamuto View Post
                so just hold your "simple and stupid" minds for you maxx is good, price is could be lower, but it is how it is
                One more comment about this. I was telling my opinion by my point of view, basic user that don't know much about tuning or ecu electronics. I don't have time to use hours and hours looking of how to setup some basic function, and I like to get a working setup that is fast to set and use, and I can easily do it myself. Then the fact that here where I live not many tuners like VEMS, they can do the basic tuning of course but no more. My last tuner did tune Maxx for the first time and did like it very much, no problem what so ever. Last time with VEMS we lost an hour of dyno time only because it didn't connect to the laptop for some reason, very unreliable.

I don't hate VEMS, it has very much potential if you know how to use it. It is just quite complicated for a noob like me. Setting up knock control for example, lol, I'll guess not many have done it properly, and if it is, can you trust it? Updating software or firmware makes changes to setups, it's not nice when you make an update and get a non start engine after that. Software freezes when taking trigger log etc etc... That is just too much hassle. I just wan't an ECU and software that works every time when you need it, without any extra input.

Your opinion is as an pro tuner(what I have been understanding) and you have a lot of experience with VEMS and you know it inside out. Then it is easy to say there is never problems and that it is the best ECU in the world.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Just read this thread for the first time been meaning to for a while but at 96 pages it seemed a daunting undertaking. But wow, what you have achieved, created, you must be so very proud!

Looking at the things you've done just has me scratching my head, the climate control for example, all that heap of wires... absolutely terrifies me! And that's just a drop of water in an ocean of things you've done. Bravo Alex, bravo!

No, sadly my method is to throw money like confetti at Will like he's some Las Vegas stripper and just tell him to make my car go fast, I feel so ashamed...

Hopefully the feeling will be short lived, for once I have my car back the thrill of being on a track, well, shame will be the last thing on my mind, so I'll see you on the starting grid!
                  RS2 - Project Mental Wheels
                  RS2 - LHD on the road again
                  RS2 - reduced to component parts
                  RS2 Saloon replica
                  A4 1.8T
                  BMW 320d Touring M Sport Business Edition auto
                  sigpic

Comment

• Just hurry up and get it done Alex..! [emoji23]
                    Then fly down [emoji41][emoji106]🏻[emoji482]
                    Danny
                    www.dnaautocare.co.uk

Comment

• Gimme a break Danny I am busy

Cheers Charlie, its come a long way and still some way to go yet - maybe next summer it will be done, so 10 years it will have taken
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• I've made a point not to go back and re-read this thread... It annoyed me enough the first time that you were doing all these great things and I never would....

Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                        S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                        '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                          Cheers Charlie, its come a long way and still some way to go yet - maybe next summer it will be done, so 10 years it will have taken
                          That's totally Roy Castle!!!
                          RS2 - Project Mental Wheels
                          RS2 - LHD on the road again
                          RS2 - reduced to component parts
                          RS2 Saloon replica
                          A4 1.8T
                          BMW 320d Touring M Sport Business Edition auto
                          sigpic

Comment

• Thing is, he's been doing it so long, and it's so nice, that he doesn't really want to get it dirty...

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Quiet you!
                              Have you picked up your ECU yet mate?
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                                Cheers [emoji481]

Yes The solution for the VSS is pretty straight forward actually. Using the A6 driveshafts I need a spacer for the LH shaft which I have started to draw up:

The scalloped outer ring on the spacer will trigger a hall sensor. Johne very kindly helped me out with details on how to use a pick-up resistor to generate the right signal to mimic the OE reed switch. Then I will need to clip one of the pins going into the speedo chip

HTH
                                Alex what hall sensor did you use?

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X