• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• www.etka.cc
    click on audi logo Vas.
    one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

• Yes we couldn't find any part number.
      Currently we are considering modifying the rear tie rods by adding an adjustable rod end that we can locate having the same bend while modifying the inner 2/3ds to attach it.

However given the knowledge today we will find a B5 arm to compare and if it's long enough to account for the difference , job Done!

Comment

• Got the links from a B5... hopefully this has gone well. Haven't heard from the Garage. All being well it should go for paint and baking next week

Comment

• All ok. The B5 links work nicely and solve the problem.
          Probably the guy who sold me the subframe wasn't aware that it was from a B5.

I'm picking the car up tomorrow. Monday goes for paint then back for a sandblast of the I'M and cam cover. Will leave everything silver and paint less, and I'll use my fine skills to paint the logo red again.

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
            a sandblast of the I'M and cam cover..
            Honestly, soda blast them. You REALLY don't want to risk any blasting media remaining anywhere it might make it into the engine. Blasting an IM almost guarantees grit will make it's way inside......
            Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
            S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
            '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

• The inlets and outlets will be thoroughly blocked of course

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
                All ok. The B5 links work nicely and solve the problem.
                Probably the guy who sold me the subframe wasn't aware that it was from a B5.
                Nice one, makes it easier and cheaper than B4 to get them in the future as well.
                Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
                  Honestly, soda blast them. You REALLY don't want to risk any blasting media remaining anywhere it might make it into the engine. Blasting an IM almost guarantees grit will make it's way inside......
                  I did it before and will do it again with grit, not saying soda blasting is not a good option

Comment

• Looks like the paint may just come off with simple paint thinner!!! Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                      Nice one, makes it easier and cheaper than B4 to get them in the future as well.
                      Be aware that the B5 links on a B4 subframe will be too long to set rear toe properly.
                      "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

• It appears that there is some issue with the ABS. Although I get no code I get the feeling that the abs kicks in with a simple push of the pedal.

I had bought a complete set of sensors but now I get the impression that they al had part numbers that fit the front wheels only. The rears are different and I'm guessing it's messing the system up...

What do you guys think?
                        It's either that or the rear discs are very warped, but I didn't have any problems with the previous pads though...

Comment

• Can you read codes for the ABS system? It may be that one or more of the sensors may need a little adjustment. If you can narrow it down to what wheel it is this will simplify your diagnosis.
                          HTH, Chris
                          "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

• Sensors are all the same, i.e. You can use front sensors on the rear, I have front sensors spliced into the rear on mine. Probably the sensor gap is incorrect
                            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by A1QSHIP View Post
                              Be aware that the B5 links on a B4 subframe will be too long to set rear toe properly.
                              I was meaning when combined with a B5 subframe as here it is a good way to refurb a B4, more future proof I would hope than a pure B4 refurb.
                              Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                              Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                                Sensors are all the same, i.e. You can use front sensors on the rear, I have front sensors spliced into the rear on mine. Probably the sensor gap is incorrect
                                Ah I see. Cause etka gives different part numbers for the rear and I thought that could have been the issue.

Anyone has the original files to know how far in the sensors need to be?

Comment

Working...
                                X