No announcement yet.

UrS4 2.2T Avant project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, the spark plug thing hadn't anything to do with money saving. I had a brand new set of P0R's and NGK's on the shelf. Didn't had enough of brain for remember changing them though.

I would be very disapointed if the final power is under 600... if I some day get all rolling properly.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
    Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
    BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
    BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Ok..

I'd stick to the F5DP0R and if there's problems, then the NGK.

Comment

• I think final power will easily be over 600hp.
        IDK about the comp wheel... it's your choice, I'll map what ever is on the car
        http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
          I propably only smoothen down those dents a bit and re-balance the chaft, should be good that wise.
          It would raise flow and also become super laggy! Go straight to HX50.
          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Don't use the HX50, it's not a good turbo for this engine.

Stay with the 40 Super, it's quite simply a really really good turbo. Next reasonable upgrade to 40 Super is the Pro52. But that's only when you want WELL over 700hp.

Comment

• No way it will be as laggy as HX50 if there is only few ~1mm dents on the some blades. Most of them is less. Propably not gona see any difference to before. I'm very pleased with the spool of the HX40S and I will stay with it. The comp upgrade was just a idea, they do "HX45Pro" hybrids and those are something like 750hp turbos with spool close to a stock HX40S.

BTW got the new piston rings today, so now all parts is ready for the engine... exept the turbine shaft.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• You have to remove everywhere the same amount + the normal gap between impeller and housing....would be interesting to see whatever the outcome.
                Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• According to two turbo experts, its enough to only smoothen the charp edges and then balance it. No need to take off anything extra material from the blades.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Have been on holiday and have had a pause with the car... and now I broke my back and I'm on sick leave... But anyway, the bores was glazes for some reason, that was the reason for high oil consumption. Propably washed by fuel during a not so good map for the setup. Last week I got the cylinders re-honed and new rings fitted. The map should now be a ok safe map to drive untill we meet with Dmitri again.

Changed also a front control arm, the inner bushing was bad.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• nice water jacketing. love it

Comment

• you've broke your what!!!...dude first the car and now your spine....crazy....

glad to see your making some headway with this Thomas....don't be disappointed with getting under 600 (even though it is unlikely you will) its all about the feel...."pub figures" are all well and good but if it drives like an old cow, that wouldn't be good....at least if it puts a smile on your face thats what its all about....

and as I work with large impellers for a living, you can trim them without a loss of performance but it might be a nice thing to keep as a spare...

keep those updates coming....

Comment

• Wow, I hope your back is not *too* bad.
                          Get well soon, and I will be following your thread, as I always have
                          http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• No, nothing too serious. It's not the spine itself, the musles are cramping. Nothing a little rest and painkillers can't handle.

Mike, under 600 is not acceptable at any circumstances. Even if I propably will be sick scared to drive it.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• get well fast to continue . we want to see it run soon.
                              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Already know what spark-plugs you will use now?
                                1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

Comment

Working...
                                X