• Show
Clear All

POR15, then 3M body sealer, then Dinitrol 3125, then Dinitrol 4941 mate
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

fuel lines

....... and error404, where did you source those rubber mounts for the fuel filter?
      Audi S2 Coupe 1995
      VW Passat GL5 (hatch) 1986
      VW Passat GL 1.8 (saloon) 1986
      Carrera Subway 8

Comment

you can get them off the dealer but they are expensive. i got mine off ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RUBBER-MOUNTS-...item1c0dc1d6a2
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Cheers S-Express, fitted new fuel lines this afternoon, guide just made it that bit easier, thanks for pipe size as well guys
          Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
          Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Getting round to ordering the materials now the engine is out.

Going to get 2 x 7.5m cupronickel 8mm od pipe but im unsure on the connectors. I have read the thread and found the best place to get them from but im just not sure how many.

Im going to be replacing the entire lines so obviously i wont be needing them for the bulkhead interface like alot of people do. Where and what connectors am i going to need??

Thanks

Will
            1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

you will need to join to the existing lines in the engine bay pipe at soem point as you won't be able to replicate the factory flared connections to the braided lines to the fuel rail.
              Work on needing 3 of the Wade type compression fittings for this, plus have 1 or 2 spare in case you f*ck up a bend in one of the lines and need to join in another piece
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

If i was to replace the rest of the lines from the solid lines to fuel rail with some braided hose, could it be done? make my own connection!

Comment

yeah I looked into it. you will need to use tube nuts and adaptors for the hard lines, metric banjos for the rail, as well as AN to metric adapters for the pressure regulator, and obviously get custom braided hoses made up.
                  Very expensive way of doing it but not a major problem
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I know a place where lots of braided hose is just lying around and can get the connectors cheap from a sponsor at uni! I'll take a look this week, Cheers

Comment

• will the ID of the braided hoses be 8mm too?

Comment

• this is where it gets tricky as 8mm OD pipe is near as makes no difference -05 which is high end aerospace / custom gear, not off the shelf. Plus you also need the proper 37deg flaring tool.
                        The only way i could work out how to do it was using a 8mm compression fitting to 14mm metric then using a metric > AN adapter to step up to -06 fittings and braided lines. Its a bit of a PITA and you really don't gain anything.

When I have mine apart again I'm going to use 3/8 stainless hardlines from the tank to the bulkhead and then go to -06 fittings - probably overkill for the eventual 400hp+ but thats how I roll.
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• I've found some AN6 tube line adaptors for hard lines

This is my plan so far but i have a few questions.
                          Hard line (8mm) -> AN-6 Tube Adaptor -> AN-6 Female Hose end -> Braided AN-6 Hose -> .....

What fittings am i going to need for the fuel rail and fuel pressure reg?

Comment

• I wish i had known this a few years ago, i spent an evening once with a friend of of mine who is an audi master tech replacing just one fuel line (genuine part) from the pump to the engine bay, what an absolute b*******d of a job, i still have a scar on my hand to prove. Thank you for such a great write up

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmcf View Post
                              I wish i had known this a few years ago, i spent an evening once with a friend of of mine who is an audi master tech replacing just one fuel line (genuine part) from the pump to the engine bay, what an absolute b*******d of a job, i still have a scar on my hand to prove. Thank you for such a great write up
                              I'm very glad my thread has helped so many.
                              I just wish I still had my S2
                              sigpic

Comment

• Thanks to James (Terrybullwon), these are the adaptors needed for the AN6 to fuel reg/rail connections

http://www.speedflowshop.co.uk/m14-x...-06-1246-p.asp

I'll start a new post when I finalise it on what i've used and how!

Cheers

Will

Comment

Working...
                                X