Clear All

• Nice radio, will certainly look OEM+
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
      Nice radio, will certainly look OEM+
      Yes, did a test fit today and it looks great. Been crawling around under the dash (again) to find a switched live as I didn't have one on the din plug. Now I have a sore back (again).

It didn't come with the mic for the phone. Anyone know what connector I need for it?
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Old audis are weird by that they don't have a proper acc position in the ignition switch. There is a thin red wire in the igintion lock which you can use for stereo, as long the key is in the ingition lock, the stereo will work, when you pull out the key, the stereo will turn off.

If you wire it under the ignition, then ignition must be always on when you want to use stereo when not driving.
        1989 Audi 80 Quattro
        1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

• Thanks. I read about that thin wire on another thread here but for some reason that wire is still live when I remove the key. However, I found that the black wire is only live when the ignition is on, so I used that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Weirdly I can stop the engine on mine, by gently eeking the key back, ignition goes off but radio stays on.

Feels like it is in a halfway house though, but must mean there is more than one set of contacts in the switch.

Comment

• same for me... radio stays on when engine switched off, but courtesy lights only come on when key fully removed.
              Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
              S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
              '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

• Here it is fitted.

I’m really pleased
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• I had no sound from the rear off side speakers. Tested the plug and I had voltage. So, swapped over to another speaker. Still nothing!
                  So, tried one of the originals (non RS2) and all working good. The nearside rear is my original S2 speakers so I’m wondering if the RS2 has some unusual speaker wiring set up or I have two duds!

Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• looks spot on...!
                    Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

• Is the dehumidifier a standard item

Comment

• Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                        Is the dehumidifier a standard item
                        As recommended by Practical Classics Magazine. I was getting mould on my seats. Seems to be working nicely.
                        Nothelle S2 Avant
                        Black Ur project
                        Ocianic Ur project gone
                        S2 Coupe project gone
                        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post

As recommended by Practical Classics Magazine. I was getting mould on my seats. Seems to be working nicely.
                          Need driving

Comment

• I thought my car was dry until I ripped out the old carpet the underlay was soaked through and had about 1/4" of water in the footwell

Comment

• Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post

I had no sound from the rear off side speakers. Tested the plug and I had voltage. So, swapped over to another speaker. Still nothing!
                              So, tried one of the originals (non RS2) and all working good. The nearside rear is my original S2 speakers so I’m wondering if the RS2 has some unusual speaker wiring set up or I have two duds!

From memory they have a little loop plug on the speakers too on the rears. You could just try testing the speakers out on a normal hi fi amp and see if they work. I need to swap my rears again as they have seen better days too.
                              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Ok. Something strange happened. I was tinkering in the garage. Haven’t touched the car for a few days, key out. Suddenly the fan came on. Ran for 30 seconds or so then switched off, then 20 seconds later did the same thing again. I’ve had to disconnect the battery for now as I’m worried it will kill the battery if not sorted.
                                Any suggestions? I haven’t touched anything in the engine bay/ electrical for weeks. Only thing I did recently was to fit the radio about a week ago and it’s only just started doing this today.

Nothelle S2 Avant
                                Black Ur project
                                Ocianic Ur project gone
                                S2 Coupe project gone
                                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
                                X