No announcement yet.

Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V - Czech Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So some update. I find in some local shop a new O ring , so i buyed them 4 pieces and now is good, no leaks.
    When i changed used bad O ring and whole servo oil was at engine bay for the firs time this day when i was went to the diagnostic this same day, so one mechanic change for another new ring, and did this for second time this day whole oil fill was in engine bay, lot of smoke and in that situation i hope that car catch fire
    Than i order from Netherland 2 new X plugs, so i am happy, everything goes well with this seller ( i recommend http://www.autobedrijfvanderpol.nl/ )
    Still ABS problem, i hate that but i do a new ABS ground connection on pump on different place, but i think that is good (better than before)
    Now i want to check all 4 CV joints if there is right amount of teeth and same gaps between teeth.
    I buy a spare plastic A, B, C pillars for making a new headline and with that i do cover pillars on the same material as headline
    During winter i want to test spare door hinges, if the will be better than OEM old ones on the car
    Any ideas how to remove broken plastic clips inside pillar trim?

Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

• Today i wash the plastic pillar trims. They were dirty, now is looking much better and smell better
      I have question how importat is this broken protrusions as you can see on the pictures. That plastic clips i want to buy new.
      Do you have experience with painting them black or cover with some suede?

Comment

• the clips on the A pillar trims don't seem to be that important. I think all of mine are missing now and what i did was roll up a ball of the sealant strip that usually goes around the rear light and put that over each broken clip. It may hold it, it may not but i think it stops it squeaking as there is a rubber material in between plastic parts. I also pushed a strip of neoprene foam between the dashboard and the end of the A pillar trim right at the bottom - that holds the end of the trim firmly in place.

Comment

• And those 823867299 clips can be changed, right? So i do the same as you, roll up the ball of sealant and put on those broken clips.

Thanks brian

Comment

• The A pillar trim clips are moulded as part of the trim and just snap off so cannot be replaced :-( the sealant stuff does an alright job of holding it and stopping it squeaking.

The black clips 823 867 299 are used on the C pillar and most of mine seem O.k and don't need any help from sealant but i guess if you cannot get replacements in then some sealant will work there as well! I would clean both sides with solvent to give it the best chance of working and the good thing is, it never really dries out so you can take it apart again

Comment

• I can get these black clips. Only find way out how to remove the broken one And thinking about cover the B trim, but there is moving part so maybe this moving part paint black and rest of cover with a fabric

Comment

• So tady arrived Sabelt 6 point racing harness, so i mount them. I will be use a 4 point (even i have 6 point harness) for weekend drive.
                I change broken black plastic clips as well. I ordered 2 channel USB osciloscope so i hope that ABS problem i solve forever

Comment

• Hey folks, today i to covered one piece of A pillar with fabric. I thought, that it will be easier but not I know that is not perfect, but better than OEM, looks better and felt better now. I hope, that rest of plastic pillars do better and faster Anyway any ideas how to completely remove old coolant? I want to loose bottom rad hose, than a thermostat and one from lines to/from heater. But what coolant inside hoses or engine?
                  Thanks

Comment

• Some progress today...It looks perfect...I am so satisfied with this. 2 pieces left and headline, but winter is coming, today is temperature around 10 °C, so its no too much Today i buy a new thermostat, next week i want to change and flush old coolant. This week on Sunday i am going to Brno Circuit to test the car. I really love this curcuit its something like Spa Franchorchamps. Circuit in the woods, huge land elevation. Still need to weld some mounts for 4/6 point racing harness.

Comment

• Nice view of the track, I visited Brno a couple of years back and really enjoyed it, didnt make it to the circuit though
                      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Greg_S Next time u must visit Brno circuit. Its a commitment, mate

Comment

• So i think, that will be fun next year or 2 Engine looks little bit oily...the seller cant how to deliver engine (on the way gets engine dirty)...but thats the last thing what i am interested in I am looking forward to work on it. Some things i have clear, but some not...If someone have some good advices, i will be glad...Especially what pistons/conrods combo use (price is important too )

Comment

• Nice. What cylinder head are you going to use. 7A from your own engine?
                            1989 Audi 80 Quattro
                            1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

• AAN, 3B or 7A...but not from my own engine...I want to keep my OEM engine whole. I have to buy another head..

Comment

• Yesterday was a perfect track day. I am satisfied with the car...Some mods needs to be done, but honestly it was good Here some pictures . Next time i will have a Ferodo DS3000, need to decrease a tyre pressure and hardened shocks.

Comment

Working...
                                X