Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once I have the proper measurements I would like to take the intercooler to the machine shop and have them machine the inlet for the correct fit. Heating it a great idea though. I will keep that in my back pocket.

Comment

• I make it 51mm/49mm.
      Where 51mm is the lead in or whatever you want to call it and 49mm is the diameter behind it. Measurements are from a used item which might not be still round so I have averaged it!

Swage!

Comment

• that hose is from venair so i take it its not the orginal one?

Comment

• Originally posted by twoqu View Post
          I make it 51mm/49mm.
          Where 51mm is the lead in or whatever you want to call it and 49mm is the diameter behind it. Measurements are from a used item which might not be still round so I have averaged it!
          Thank you. That is what I needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by rxl View Post
            that hose is from venair so i take it its not the orginal one?
            The Venair hose is the factory hose. It is exclusive to the RS2. Part number 034 145 746 BC.

20190509_185756.jpg

Comment

• Does the excess WGFV (N75) wiring just lay underneath the air box inlet? The wiring does not appear to be long enough to travel around the air box inlet.

I am also in need of the part number for the white clip that holds the connector to the rail.

20190724_212552_1.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by saltinot View Post
                Does the excess WGFV (N75) wiring just lay underneath the air box inlet? The wiring does not appear to be long enough to travel around the air box inlet.

I am also in need of the part number for the white clip that holds the connector to the rail.
                Anyone know the answer to the above questions?

Comment

• Yes I think it does from memory as you have the cover piece for the lighting shroud that fits next to the air inlet too.
                  Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Originally posted by saltinot
                    Does the excess WGFV (N75) wiring just lay underneath the air box inlet? The wiring does not appear to be long enough to travel around the air box inlet.

20190724_212552_1.jpg
                    There’s someone on the Facebook page getting those clips made, black ABS though

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Cheers guys.

Greg, you mentioned a cover piece. Am I missing a part?

After some digging I came up with 443 972 614 as the number for the white clip that secures the grey N75 connector (seen at the very bottom of the picture above). I never found a picture of it online. They run about 4USD so I will take a gamble and see what I get.
                      Last edited by saltinot; 14 August 2019, 17:41.

Comment

• Originally posted by saltinot View Post
                        Cheers guys.

Greg, you mentioned a cover piece. Am I missing a part?

After some digging I came up with 443 972 614 as the number for the white clip that secures the grey N75 connector (seen at the very bottom of the picture above). I never found a picture of it online. They run about 4USD so I will take a gamble and see what I get.
                        you can see it in the corner 68b45b6e7fce3c1325e25f2fd18f1fa6.jpg

Comment

• Rxl, where did you get that intake hose from?

Comment

• Originally posted by andersg View Post
                            Rxl, where did you get that intake hose from?
                            roose motorsports... its the vintage black finish. have all the hoses from them.

Comment

• I have theese they look great and the wrap helps with the clips not slipping too

Comment

• Update? Is this done yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X