Project: RS2 ABY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by will20v View Post
    £270 + vat for 1st and 2nd gear synco kit (carbon) £275 + vat to fit to the gearbox its self. plus gearbox removal etc.
    What does this include? Only the syncros?

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
    Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
    BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
    BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• It's a pre-built unit with gears and synchros.
      S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• Originally posted by EspenW View Post
        Some good plans there, but you wil almost certainly lose power with a cone filter.
        Done power and temp measurements on the road of multiple cars, and the result is always the same, the powercurve gets visibly knocked down with the cone type filters.
        The RS2 box is well designed and has very little restriction.
        My solution

Mold 1st pic IMG_0946.jpg

2nd finishedIMG_1165.jpg

4" cobra and cone filter

Rs2 Box depends on power, do not think its up to 500 +
        Last edited by jade; 20 June 2014, 18:48.
        RS 2 580HP

Comment

• Jade, nice solution to the intake problem.

Will, price doesnt sound too bad for the work
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Why oh why does mapping never go to plan

The chaps at VRS went to great lengths to get the car ready for today but the new recon'd steering rack fitted has blown and pissed all the hydraulic fluid out the first time I attempted to drive off.

Not looking good for mapping it today...

Comment

• not exactly a 5 min job to change either!
              Good luck in getting it sorted, how long do you have to wait till you get the next mapping slot?
              91 S2 coupé - RIP
              98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• A year maybe...

Comment

You must have really pissed someone off in a previous life mate
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• I'm sure with sonics computer skills prj can remote map the car from his work shop back home if it comes to it .

Comment

• I've cancelled my return flight and I'm staying here until I can map it.
                      http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• Originally posted by prj View Post
                        I've cancelled my return flight and I'm staying here until I can map it.
                        Wow! Now that shows how much of a gent sir Dmitri is!!! Hats off to that man

Comment

• I can assure you Dmitri is receiving only the highest level of hospitality including being well fed with nightly BBQs and watered with my personal stock of Belgian beers.

Comment

• Cheers then!
                            RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
                            BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
                            LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

• So, after the unexpected problems with the clutch Will also noticed the steering rack was weeping hydraulic fluid but managed to get hold of a new-refurbished unit at very short-notice and then fit it to the car before the weekend in order to avoid the worst-case scenario of the rack blowing a seal or and leaking during mapping.

The extra work ontop of an already large workload with the original modifications meant the car wasn't ready for Saturday as planned so we went with plan B and the VRS boys managed to work some magic and have the car ready for mapping on Sunday.

I got Dmitri up to Northampton where the work on the car had just been completed, happy days, and then cracked on with the initial mapping stuff.

A couple of hours later, after the chaps at VRS had returned to their angry wives on a blistering Sunday morning, we were finally ready to take the car to the road for live-mapping. The moment i went to reverse the car off the forecourt i got the red (!) on the dash and noticed i had no PAS. After wrestling it back onto the drive it was obvious that the entire contents of the hydraulic fluid tank had been pissed out of a seal from the new steering rack that had been fitted.

Pissed off doesn't even begin to explain it after everything people had gone through to get this car ready, and all on a part that was nothing to do with the performance mods that had just been made and in-fact had been preventatively replaced in order to stop what happened happening!!!

The day was a complete write-off and even with Will returning to the garage on his Sunday afternoon to help-out there was no way we could fix or get replacement parts on a Sunday afternoon to fix it. This car just has a way of kicking you when you're down and after lavishing it with expensive new parts and lots of TLC.

Plan C is now in action... both VRS and Dmitri have changed their plans to try and get it complete and mapped

Dmitri had extended his stay to map the car when it's ready, and in the meantime is being well fed and watered at mine and is catching a flight later in the week.

The chaps at VRS are working some more magic to get the rack replaced (again). All going well the car will be ready for mapping later this evening or Tuesday... but my god what a mother ****ing **** this car is.

The car isn't mapped yet, and i suspect Will/Chris are busy right now working on it, but a massive thank you to Dmitri, Will and Chris for really going the extra mile and pushing to get this beast ready and mapped. You rarely meet people who are quite so prepared to help you out

Pics of the damaged clutch/flywheel -

WMI injection to the intercooler end-tank -

Rear brake setup -

Very flash rear fuel-tank for the water-meth -

Comment

• Loving the rear brake setup andy! You must be among the first to use that setup no?

Good luck to everyone involved with getting the car ready!
                                91 S2 coupé - RIP
                                98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Working...
                                X