No announcement yet.

UrS4 2.2T Avant project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some incar video from the track. Laaf as copilot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjgUz9pnvjc

Few pics taken by ACF club member Antti Aho:

Last edited by Thuppu; 14 July 2014, 20:15.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
    Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
    BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
    BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Looks great fun!
      Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
      Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• why are the ACF trackdays always when I'm not in Finland

Comment

• 30.8 is the next and last one for the season in Alastaro. In October the club goes to Nurnburgring

Comment

• Man, i dont generaly like the shape of the C4 avants, and especially without the roofbars. But yours just looks so mean in some photos even though its stock looks. Must be the black wheels and knowing there is a badass engine under the bonnet!
            Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

• Heh, the pads really was totally worn out. Luckily the pistons didin't fall out, was like 1mm or less and it would have happend.

Got new dics from MTEC UK and new Ferodo pads from Laaf, thanks I recieved them.

Had also to buy a kit of wheels, becuse they where so cheap. Almost new TEC by ASA 8x18", got the full kit almost for the price of one wheel. Nice quite light wheels for the track and slicks... ecsept the color.

Last edited by Thuppu; 28 July 2014, 17:26.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Very nice wheels (much better than the current ones )

Comment

• I like the color!

For a while then I'd bet it would get old...

Comment

• Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
                    Alex, I don't know..? Had 3,2bar, and who knows how much it increased when the tyre was warm..? Feels like too much, but maybe the tyre is just too loose for track use. Quite good grip though for cheap china tyres, and they didn't melt down.
                    Hey Thomas, I forgot to come back to this thread. I highlighted your problem in red - no sidewall stiffness. Buy some good tyres

I like the lime flavour track wheels
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Hey guys, nice that you like to color.

Alex, have been looking for btcc racing slicks, parts worn from ebay. Would be hard for the car, but have some plans for the suspension and bushings.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Yeah full slicks are brutal on the stock suspension, you will break stuff.
                        I would get some good high performance road tyres or some track tyres like R888s etc
                        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• R888's are out of my budget = 1000+ euros for a set. Was looking at Federal 595 RS-R, but someones was saying they are not any better than good quality street tyres.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Love this thread... Your hungry in power is an addiction as mine with the McDonalds!!! lol Hope you are currently working for the Rockefeller family!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
                              R888's are out of my budget = 1000+ euros for a set. Was looking at Federal 595 RS-R, but someones was saying they are not any better than good quality street tyres.

Friends use this tires and they are happy.

Comment

• Love the sound.
                                Little things that will make you feel more confident on the track maybe:
                                You have some turns there you approach in 4'th gear,brake,and you enter the turn in 2'nd gear.Rpm is getting to 6-6500k and car starts to engine-braking.This seems to get the car understeer massive.
                                Seems downshifting from 4'th to 3'rd before starting to align the car for starting the correct apex will be more appropriate.And attacking the turn in gas will save you of some understeer.
                                Even if max speed you can enter the turn will keep revs at 4.5-5k in 3'rd gear and full boost not available yet(do not know your setup rpm max boost) the turning on slight power rather in enginebraking will be more fun.
                                Even full boost not available and powerslide not possible.And maybe will get you better times if you are the"time guy".

Do not get me wrong,i do no comment your driving style,i am not an expert,i do not want to prove anything.It is just based on my quattro driving experience.Maybe other share different approaches.

Best regards!!

And go for the best pads/rotors you can get.Soon you will find yourself in the situation of left foot braking while right foot is on gas to get instant boost and power
                                Recommend ferodo DS range.

Comment

Working...
                                X