No announcement yet.

UrS4 2.2T Avant project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been using 0,81 lambda at 2,5 bar with RE85.

Comment

• Here is a vid of the same pull that I earlier posted the log from. You can see the small fuel cut. What is interesting mee, is that what sort of knock detecting is used? You can see a rising table with knock %. The tuner told that the values should always rise. If there is one that is smaller than the earlier one then it's bad. I assume there isn't real knock at this level with e85..? But then, does this knock detecting system work properly with this fuel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdVPsd7ZyZ0

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
      Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
      BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
      BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• I think he was using KnockLink G4 to detect knock with he's old dyno system but don't know is it used with that new dyno system..

Comment

• Hi thuppu

the same thing happened too me. for too long, too much pressure the hx40s becomes leaking. I have 2.8 / 2.3 bar with E85 and the Holset is again something leaking at the same place as yours.
          There are rebuilt kits for roundabout €40 +-.

Chris from turbolab has on its homepage a video with instructions how it is done.

I think the Holset tolerates no high exhaust temperatures. I just don't get down the exhaust gas temperatures. I recently had a "duell" with a Golf4 R32T on the highway. I had 1050 egt in the sixth at full load.
          I think the Twinscroll in the exhaust housing is here the big problem. the bridge would have to get out. then, the temperature could fall and keep better. My opinion.

Greets Marco.
          408kw @ wheel

Comment

• Marco, pressure isn't the problem with Holsets. Many models are made for diesel applications and up to 5 bar of boost. My just was an machining error that the shop don't wan't to admit.

The project itself goes on slowly. Got the camberplates ready, and some other parts coated at the same time...

Seems that 8"/200mm springs are too long forthe coilovers. The car doesn't drop enough. Have to go with 6"/150mm main springs.

Also my old tool, my Citroen AX did get a very long fault list at MOT so I did get rid of it and got me a new tool. An 1.6 facelift Scenic. Very masculine car

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Oh no Thuppu that is sad news about the little AX. I have to admit that my ZX Volcane also had to go a few months back. Well past 200k miles though, so cannot complain. You can get more parts in that Scenic ha ha ha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cottis View Post
                You can get more parts in that Scenic ha ha ha.
                Yea, thats the idea.

Also recieved these kind of bits...

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• hello thomas,

your front brake adapters looks very nice.

is it for cayenne 18" calipers with A8 360mm discs on ufo struts?
                  do you plan them a small series like your rear brake adapters?

i have planned to use 996Turbo calipers with 360mm discs but when you produce some adapters i would changed to cayenne calipers

best regards Oliver
                  Audi UrS4 20VT Precision 6262, VEMS, CatCams, SOLD
                  VW T4 TDI Multivan

pleasure by pressure...

If you are not breaking parts, you're not going fast enough...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ficksy Heart View Post
                    hello thomas,

your front brake adapters looks very nice.

is it for cayenne 18" calipers with A8 360mm discs on ufo struts?
                    do you plan them a small series like your rear brake adapters?

i have planned to use 996Turbo calipers with 360mm discs but when you produce some adapters i would changed to cayenne calipers

best regards Oliver
                    Yes, it's possible to get more of them done. I just wan't to test them before anything else, because they are quite important brake parts.

Edit. Yes, for 18z calipers and 34x360mm discs.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• then let's hope that the parts are working well! but I think that they are

I would take a set

your rear adapters are also very good
                      Audi UrS4 20VT Precision 6262, VEMS, CatCams, SOLD
                      VW T4 TDI Multivan

pleasure by pressure...

If you are not breaking parts, you're not going fast enough...

Comment

• Hi Thuppu
                        the pressure is not the problem at the holset, but the hot fuel gas in diesel exhaust housing. the diesel run so much colder. Maybe I should try a 18 cm 2 exhaust housing. the exhaust gas is just too hot. What is your exhaust temperature and what pressure?
                        408kw @ wheel

Comment

• Recieved some small bits... a Flexfuel sensor and a Ethanol Content Analyzer. Will show the e85 ethanol % and the fuel temperature. It also has a 0-5V output, if needed...

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• How flex fuel can show temperature of gasoline? Maybe you now how corect to conect what it show?

Comment

• Originally posted by as2nerka View Post
                              How flex fuel can show temperature of gasoline? Maybe you now how corect to conect what it show?
                              The flex fuel sensor also reads the fuel temp. My setup is practically same as Zeitroinx ECA Ethanol Content Analyzer Kit, but under the half of the price. The gauge/analyzer is made locally here in Finland. Its quite simpple to connect the analyzer, instructions was included.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Originally posted by kenax View Post
                                I have been using 0,81 lambda at 2,5 bar with RE85.
                                Why?
                                Did you try richer and leaner on the dyno?

Best power on I5 is not at 0.81 or 0.8 lambda with E85
                                http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Working...
                                X