Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by prj View Post
    Why?
    Did you try richer and leaner on the dyno?

Best power on I5 is not at 0.81 or 0.8 lambda with E85
    What would be the best lambda to run for him then?
    1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

Comment

• Originally posted by V6quattro View Post
      What would be the best lambda to run for him then?
      There is no "ideal lambda to run", you run what the engine likes.
      And the I5 usually likes richer lambda on E85 than 0.8. Can be a difference of power of about 3%.
      http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• One question about the VEMS trigger thing. I got "less primary trigger" error. Could it be the reason for the strange power curve, even that you can't feel or hear anything unnormal with the engine? Usually the problem is the secondary trigger..? Sshould I try a different div by setting?

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
        Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
        BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
        BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Lambda 0,86 it should be for the best power.
          But don't forget - you measure the total lambda. Some cylinders could be leaner. Some richer. That's why you have to test different lambda values.

Comment

• Nothing fancy happend here. I did get my camberplates tested with "big" springs and custom upper spring plates though. I my self going coilovers, but had to test them out for future reference. Some of you have propably already seen these pics in the camberplate thread...

This is how the UrS looks for now. Dropped out the brakes and the front struts. Now ready for new parts to be fitted in...

The rear calipers are a close fit, propably have to grind of some material from the bottom fitting point. But good news is that the adapter seems to be easy to do. The caliper offset seems to be the same as the orginal fitting points, so a flat adapter is only needed(may need 1-2mm shim?). The mechanical calipers needs little more complicant adapters though.

Also recieved braided brake hoses for the fronts. HEL Golf Mk2 to Brembo hoses. Lenght 450mm. Hope they are not too long..?

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• That was just the stupid tuning part with some bling and yellow paint. Now we can take a look at some real motorsport stright from the F1.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Got the front coilovers fitted.

Played alround with the brakes. Front calipers got some sticker tuning on them.

The disc could have been 1-1,5mm deeper in the caliper..? Pads going over the outer edge for about 2mm. Looks more in the pic, but the pads don't have the springs on them. This is just fine... 360mm disc is harder to get deeper than the 350mm.

Now need to buy new pads for both the front and rear...

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• those are incredible Thomas.nice!
                  one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

• I have seen the cooling vents in the wheel arch liner - is this original? My S4 didn't have this.

360mm fits into the caliper after some re work.

Did you also reinforced the steering box mount on the drivers side?

Comment

• Originally posted by popdemonic View Post
                      those are incredible Thomas.nice!
                      Thanks pop!

Originally posted by Acki View Post
                      I have seen the cooling vents in the wheel arch liner - is this original? My S4 didn't have this.

360mm fits into the caliper after some re work.
                      It'ss a B5 S4 inner fender vent cutted and fitted in place. Ok, just wanted a easy PnP solutioon for UFO struts. Could move the fitting holes on the adapter 1mm closer though.
                      Originally posted by Acki View Post
                      Did you also reinforced the steering box mount on the drivers side?
                      No, why?

Ordered a pair of these as well. Can't wait to get them...

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• The pictures I attached show you the part which is to weak.
                        Also a known issue at the D11 V8.
                        Steering is not exact anymore.

I made the holes in the caliper bigger to adjust the distance.
                        But i have HP2 struts.

Comment

• Well, I guess the soft OEM subframe bushings makes a lot more mess with the steering on these chassis... but everything is worth a try. Have to see if there is some trouble with the steering feel with full slicks, then I could make that mod.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Brakes look good. I would move mounting holes on your adapter bracket if you can to get all the pad on the disc.

Nice hose clamp

Those snap on/off steering wheels scare me, a mate has one, its cool but gives me the shits

Seats should give a little bit more support than stock. Getting more track serious now.
                            Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                            Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
                              Well, I guess the soft OEM subframe bushings makes a lot more mess with the steering on these chassis... but everything is worth a try. Have to see if there is some trouble with the steering feel with full slicks, then I could make that mod.

Wrong! When the sheet brakes (in my case I made this to have it done, small cracks were already present) sometime the steering wheel moves alone after braking for example.
                              This is a weakness of the D11 and C4 chassis.

The ratio of movement is another. 1mm movement of the steering rack is more than 1mm movement of the subframe.
                              It's only a hint for you.

Comment

• Subframe movement is more like 10+mm, not 1mm.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Working...
                                X