No announcement yet.

Titanium Grey S4 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When u fix the g28 sensor and by that time u dont fix the lack of power on ECU
    (pin 27),how about geting there *test* 12v just to check if engine cranks?
    I believe if engine cranks u will have much more will to find where the original problem is

Comment

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
      Believe it or not but your image is not showing up on my screen
      Neither to me

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
        Okay. I just went down to the basement to check my spare AAN harness (partially unwrapped). As I suspected, the thick Black/Green wire coming OUT of the yellow fuse holder is crimped to a bunch of smaller gauge Black/Green wires, 7 in total. Six head away from the T55 ECU connector, one towards the connector. 5 of the 6 are the power leads to the injectors. (Not sure where the 6 of 6 goes to). The one that heads to towards the T55 ECU connector will be the one in Pin T55/27, which is mid-way (you'll have to count) down the middle 20 to 37 row.

Don't unwrap the harness yet, just check for continuity between the fat Blk/Green wire at the yellow fuse holder and Pin T55/27.

Thanks, I will start with that on the weekend, as I have uni tomorrow and friday. Thanks for the help

Originally posted by Majorcina View Post
        When u fix the g28 sensor and by that time u dont fix the lack of power on ECU
        (pin 27),how about geting there *test* 12v just to check if engine cranks?
        I believe if engine cranks u will have much more will to find where the original problem is
        Engine cranks already, just isn't turning the ECU on.

In other news, £25 later I have the bracket removed. Should get the sensor by weekend too.
        '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
        '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
        '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Don't unwrap the harness yet, just check for continuity between the fat Blk/Green wire at the yellow fuse holder and Pin T55/27.
          This is what I am talking about:

Last edited by UrS4boy; 25 February 2015, 21:27.
          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
            Thanks, I will start with that on the weekend, as I have uni tomorrow and friday. Thanks for the help

Engine cranks already, just isn't turning the ECU on.

In other news, £25 later I have the bracket removed. Should get the sensor by weekend too.
            I have not expressed myself well, I wanted to say to try to bring 12v to pin27, to see whether the car then turn ON

Comment

Okay. I just went down to the basement to check my spare AAN harness (partially unwrapped). As I suspected, the thick Black/Green wire coming OUT of the yellow fuse holder is crimped to a bunch of smaller gauge Black/Green wires, 7 in total. Six head away from the T55 ECU connector, one towards the connector. The 6 are the coil wires (3 each in the T3a and T3k connectors at the firewall rack). The one that heads to towards the T55 ECU connector will be the one in Pin T55/27, which is mid-way (you'll have to count) down the middle 20 to 37 row.
              I had an error in the first version of this, i.e. brain fade on where the 6 thin black/green wires were going. NOT the injectors, the coils.

Comment

Would you care to share how you did that please?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                  Would you care to share how you did that please?
                  That Irwin bold/stud/nut remover tool.

Originally posted by Majorcina View Post
                  I have not expressed myself well, I wanted to say to try to bring 12v to pin27, to see whether the car then turn ON
                  Oh, yeah, I will try to fix it over the weekend, if I can't find the break, I will put 12v to pin 27 and see if it even starts.
                  '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

That Irwin bold/stud/nut remover tool.

Oh, yeah, I will try to fix it over the weekend, if I can't find the break, I will put 12v to pin 27 and see if it even starts.
                    Excellent, I'm glad that worked for you, I have a set of those just waiting for a job

The ECU feed on my coupe was broken into about 15cm away from the ECU connector. For about 5 years I had the 2 bits of black immob wire joined with a piece of "chock block" I only soldered it back up properly when I had the heater box out recently and did the pin swap. ECU is behind the glove box and heater box in the S2.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
                      Excellent, I'm glad that worked for you, I have a set of those just waiting for a job

The ECU feed on my coupe was broken into about 15cm away from the ECU connector. For about 5 years I had the 2 bits of black immob wire joined with a piece of "chock block" I only soldered it back up properly when I had the heater box out recently and did the pin swap. ECU is behind the glove box and heater box in the S2.
                      And it only needed a tiny turn and the bolts were out.

I have glovebox out, all center console out and I am ready to fix this
                      '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post

Awesome! How many forums do you know where someone would actually get an identical wiring loom out, set up the test you need to do, take a photo and actually label it up for you! Dave we are not worthy :-)

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post

Wow, i can only say "the doctor"

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
                            Awesome! How many forums do you know where someone would actually get an identical wiring loom out, set up the test you need to do, take a photo and actually label it up for you! Dave we are not worthy :-)

S2forum should definitely be "forum of the year" every year
                            '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
                              if I can't find the break, I will put 12v to pin 27 and see if it even starts.
                              Just find the break and fix it. Don't apply a hacked 12V patch to Pin 27. Please.

Comment

• Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
                                I have glovebox out, all center console out and I am ready to fix this
                                This is where you scare me .

AAN ECU removal has nothing to do with the center console OR the glove box. You are like a bull rampaging in a China shop. Slow down. Take your time. Ask how to remove things if you need to. You are doing more work than necessary and/or creating problems where none existed (the G28 was probably fine before you broke it, etc.)

Comment

Working...
                                X