Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Majorcina View Post
    Nice to hear that janis!

Now need to clean it all up, tape the wiring etc.
    '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
    '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• So your 204 relay was bad?

Comment

• Nice one Janis!!!!!!!
        96 URS6 plus speck saloon
        96 URS6 plus speck estate
        94 2.6 80 Avant
        99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• Originally posted by Majorcina View Post
          So your 204 relay was bad?
          Naah, they've messed the wiring from it I think, as I used one from my red S4 and didn't work either. But I won't look into it, if the jumper works fine, can't see any bare wires so should be safe.

What I will do though is probably remove the blue/white wire from pin 27 and put green/black back in.
          '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
            Nice one Janis!!!!!!!
            Thanks
            '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• I dont get it, is that the same 204 or a different one? Cos if it's the same then it should be the same as just connecting the green and blue wires together, unless there's anther wire that gets powered up when the relay is made.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

• Same relay. So I did the same thing as the other one and it works fine
                '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• So the jumper fixes the ECU power AND the starter power problem?

And your other car has the same kind og jumper in the same position??

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Oh no, this starter problem relay was under the steering wheel. But relay itself was the same as one for the ECU
                    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• According to Dave, in that position there is either jumper, 204 relay or starter relay of some sort which is there only for Automatic cars.
                      '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• The role of the J219 relay in the UrS starter interlock system

Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
                        According to Dave, in that position there is either jumper, 204 relay or starter relay of some sort which is there only for Automatic cars.
                        I did say that (re: Automatics) once but I need to revise that. Subsequently I went into more depth and detail and discovered that the Manual UrSs also may have the 204 relay in position 4 on the main C4 UrS under dash relay panel and that, further more, it is a starter interlock normally controlled by the Central Locking Module.

More info here:
                        The role of the J219 (a 204) relay in the starter interlock system (and how to defeat it):

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/270532.phtml

Congrats on getting it going. I don't under stand the blue-black wire going into Pin 27 or the black/green wire diversion to a connector in the kick panel.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

• Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
                          Oh no, this starter problem relay was under the steering wheel. But relay itself was the same as one for the ECU
                          Ok cool, it wasn't obvious from what you'd said

So it looks like you've found all the problem wiring and bypassed it

Just tidying up to do now then.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
                            Oh no, this starter problem relay was under the steering wheel. But relay itself was the same as one for the ECU
                            As far as I know, there is no relay involved with powering the ECU at Pin 27. Just the ignition switch and the fuse at S64/115. At least from the factory. With an aftermarket immobilizer, all bets are off.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                            94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

• Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                              I did say that (re: Automatics) once but I need to revise that. Subsequently I went into more depth and detail and discovered that the Manual UrSs also may have the 204 relay in position 4 on the main C4 UrS under dash relay panel and that, further more, it is a starter interlock normally controlled by the Central Locking Module.

More info here:
                              The role of the J219 (a 204) relay in the starter interlock system (and how to defeat it):

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/270532.phtml

Congrats on getting it going. I don't under stand the blue-black wire going into Pin 27 or the black/green wire diversion to a connector in the kick panel.
                              Would you know if it's possible to buy the original metal jump-er?

Well, they've replaced the green/black wire with blue one, then diverted the green/black to additional relay together with the blue/black one.

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                              As far as I know, there is no relay involved with powering the ECU at Pin 27. Just the ignition switch and the fuse at S64/115. At least from the factory. With an aftermarket immobilizer, all bets are off.

It's all the immoboliser mate, none of it is factory I reckon, they just used "Audi" relays and that's it. Now it's all done, and everything runs as it should.

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                              Ok cool, it wasn't obvious from what you'd said

So it looks like you've found all the problem wiring and bypassed it

Just tidying up to do now then.
                              All seems to run fine Tidying is under way, and passenger's side is almost finished. If weather is good, will finish off tomorrow Then brakes needs overhaulin'
                              '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Good news Janis, well done

Comment

Working...
                                X