irwin stud extractor

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
      How would I go about rewiring it from fuse to injectors and pin 27, as it seems the best way to me?
      NO. The best way is to find out what the problem is, i.e. what wiring the immobilizer changed and fix that. You can't start hacking around, you'll just make another mess.
      RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
        Maybe go back to trying to get the empty tube out?
        I need the bracket off, otherwise i can't get it out. Will probably take the risk and other Irwin nut/bolt remover tool

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IRWIN-5-Pc...item3cefb52e6d

In the meanwhile I can try to get ECU to turn on.
        '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
        '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
        '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
          NO. The best way is to find out what the problem is, i.e. what wiring the immobilizer changed and fix that. You can't start hacking around, you'll just make another mess.
          As I said, I can't see any obvious cuts, it all looks original.
          What colour wire goes into pin 27, would you know? There are several green/black ones going into the ECU plug?
          '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

irwin stud extractor

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...actor&_sacat=0

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

That's the one. As that seems the only way I will be able to get them out.
              '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

AAN Motronic ECU device list and T55 connector pin-outs

What colour wire goes into pin 27, would you know? There are several green/black ones going into the ECU plug?
                Duh. I have pointed this AAN ECU pin-out to you before but here it is again. Please read through it this time.

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/21009.phtml

27/55- Switched Power to ECU from power (+12V) - BK/G - from Terminal 15 under the knee bolster - 15A circuit breaker, BK in BK/G out - S64

Comment

Duh. I have pointed this AAN ECU pin-out to you before but here it is again. Please read through it this time.

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/21009.phtml

27/55- Switched Power to ECU from power (+12V) - BK/G - from Terminal 15 under the knee bolster - 15A circuit breaker, BK in BK/G out - S64

I know you did, and I looked at it. There are about 5 black/green wires going into the plug, and they are considerably smaller than the one coming out of the fuse.
                  '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Titanium Grey S4 Avant

There will be no power to the injectors till the motor is spinning and the ECU sees that the timing is right and pulls the fuel pump relay in. So it's all about checking that switched power wire from the fuse to the ECU.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

There will be no power to the injectors till the motor is spinning and the ECU sees that the timing is right and pulls the fuel pump relay in. So it's all about checking that switched power wire from the fuse to the ECU.
                      ah, yes, because ECU waits for G28 signal. As I said, fuse is ok, and there is 12v going out of the fuse, but not going to pin 27, tried following the harness, but it is all original as far as I can see.
                      '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Usually they unwind the tape round the loom, open it up tap into the wire and then wrap the loom up again so the wires are hidden, the wire will be the same one from the fuse to the ECU I reckon, it must have been cut into

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Usually they unwind the tape round the loom, open it up tap into the wire and then wrap the loom up again so the wires are hidden, the wire will be the same one from the fuse to the ECU I reckon, it must have been cut into
                          Wire going out of the fuse is quite thick, but only thick wires going into the ECU plug are black.

If that's the case, I will unwind the tape and follow the cable, it was installed back in 2001, so I guess back then tape wasn't brittle as it is now after 22 years
                          '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

I know you did, and I looked at it. There are about 5 black/green wires going into the plug, and they are considerably smaller than the one coming out of the fuse.
                            That is because sometimes in the harness, there are situations like this:

One fat wiring is crimped together with a bunch of smaller gauge wires:

Comment

Okay. I just went down to the basement to check my spare AAN harness (partially unwrapped). As I suspected, the thick Black/Green wire coming OUT of the yellow fuse holder is crimped to a bunch of smaller gauge Black/Green wires, 7 in total. Six head away from the T55 ECU connector, one towards the connector. The 6 are the coil wires (3 each in the T3a and T3k connectors at the firewall rack). The one that heads to towards the T55 ECU connector will be the one in Pin T55/27, which is mid-way (you'll have to count) down the middle 20 to 37 row.

Don't unwrap the harness yet, just check for continuity between the fat Blk/Green wire at the yellow fuse holder and Pin T55/27.

Last edited by UrS4boy; 25 February 2015, 21:30.

Comment

These are Allen "keys".

Believe it or not but your image is not showing up on my screen

Comment

Working...
                                X