Titanium Grey S4 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
    Awesome! How many forums do you know where someone would actually get an identical wiring loom out, set up the test you need to do, take a photo and actually label it up for you! Dave we are not worthy.
    Thanks.

In the meantime, my laundry room renos are falling behind as a result.
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

• Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
      This is where you scare me .

AAN ECU removal has nothing to do with the center console OR the glove box. You are like a bull rampaging in a China shop. Slow down. Take your time. Ask how to remove things if you need to. You are doing more work than necessary and/or creating problems where none existed (the G28 was probably fine before you broke it, etc.)

It makes an easier access to what's going on under the dash, I can remove and tidy up all the wiring that the shouldn't be there. And because I am 6'4" it definitely makes thing easier for me.

As for G28, I just wanted to check it, that's all and it just didn't go well.

EDIT: BTW, how do you take the plug apart to get access to the wires?
      Last edited by hunker7; 26 February 2015, 09:52.
      '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
      '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
      '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
        EDIT: BTW, how do you take the plug apart to get access to the wires?
        *IF* you test continuity at Pin T55/27 the way I suggest and you don't get continuity, you only have about 40 cm of wire between the S64 fuse and the ECU to check for the break. Start there and really try hard to resist hacking a 12V patch into Pin 27. I know you're gagging for it but, based on the way things are going for you, it would end up as a disaster.

Comment

*IF* you test continuity at Pin T55/27 the way I suggest and you don't get continuity, you only have about 40 cm of wire between the S64 fuse and the ECU to check for the break. Start there and really try hard to resist hacking a 12V patch into Pin 27. I know you're gagging for it but, based on the way things are going for you, it would end up as a disaster.

I would rather find and fix the break don't get wrong, and if weather is good to me I most likely will. Just trying to think of things I might need to do and get information in. so I don't have to go on phone if I get stuck, and can just crack on

So if I don't get continuity there is a break between the fuse and the pin 27, would it be inside the plug or actual harness, which is most likely?
          '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Removing Pins From the T55 ECU connector (for future reference)

Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
            So if I don't get continuity there is a break between the fuse and the pin 27, would it be inside the plug or actual harness, which is most likely?
            My guess would be that there would be an issue at the 8 wire (one fat, seven small) crimp as shown in my continuity testing photo from yesterday.

*IF* you absolutely had to know how to break into the T55 ECU connector for *investigative* purposes (not hacking a 12 V source to Pin 27), then you could read this before hand:

Removing Pins From the T55 ECU connector (for future reference):

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/212815.phtml

Who did I borrow this photo from (I need to add the photo credit to the post)?

Comment

My guess would be that there would be an issue at the 8 wire (one fat, seven small) crimp as shown in my continuity testing photo from yesterday.

*IF* you absolutely had to know how to break into the T55 ECU connector for *investigative* purposes (not hacking a 12 V source to Pin 27), then you could read this before hand:

Removing Pins From the T55 ECU connector (for future reference):

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/212815.phtml

Who did I borrow this photo from (I need to add the photo credit to the post)?
              Cheers

...and I promise I won't just hack 12v in there, will find and fix the issue
              '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Thanks.

In the meantime, my laundry room renos are falling behind as a result.
                Good point, I forgot to hang out the load I put in this morning Doh!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

Good point, I forgot to hang out the load I put in this morning Doh!
                  Mine involved total revision of the plumbing, electrical/lighting, installation of a 13" deep laundry sink (deep enough to soak wine bottles standing up) in a newly framed cabinet and IKEA countertop. I am not sure if these renos were the diversion away from Audi forums or the Audi forums were a diversion away from the renos. Bit of both, depending on the day. Everything is functional as of later yesterday afternoon, despite me hanging out here too much.

Comment

• so I didn't get continuity between pin 27 and the fuse. Opened up the ecu plug and someone's been messing about there as there. Pin 27 has blue/black wire, tried chasing down the other end but it goes into the engine bay. Can't see any obvious cuts or anything either.

'93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Are you sure you're counting pin 27 correctly?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Are you sure you're counting pin 27 correctly?
                        Yea, I thought I am counting it wrong, but checked pin 20 is yelllow/black wire so was counting from that.
                        '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                          '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• I found where the wire from the fuse is crimped together with the 7 small black/green wires, as Dave said, 6 of them go into engine bay but one of them should go to the pin 27 for the ecu, but it doesn't, it goes to the passenger side where all the plugs are, and thewe blue/black wire follows.
                            '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• So, both wires meet at the auxiliary relay panel 3 and both go into relay 204 (PN: 431951253H) and green wire that suppose to go into pin 27 has 12v. So, can I just connect the blue wire with the green wire?
                              '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Give it a go.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Working...