Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sorry bo, tis sort of on topic as it is a precursor to having a large cooler if you are also going to reduce the intake tract to compensate for the extra cooler capacity.
    Dark Grey Avant
    RS2 FARB
    Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
    Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

• Fair enough.
      91 S2 coupé - RIP
      98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• cheers
        Dark Grey Avant
        RS2 FARB
        Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

• Hmmm - I momentarily forgot this was an S2 forum and not generally dealing with my engine and set up

Sorry

Although I do have a AAN manifold but unfortunatly it's being used at present

I certainly suffered an increase in turbo lag when I fitted the slightly bigger IC stainless pipes. I just wondered if there was a way of making the manifold smaller to counteract this if at all it would make a difference? - failing that I could always make up some smaller diameter pipes I suppose but that would be a lot of hassle.
          There is also the fact that they may well come in useful when I finally find a larger turbo for the AAN!
          Jim B
          97 S6 AAN Quattro Avant C4 | Powerflow Cat Back EX | Milltek Hyperboost RV | MAC N75 Valve | FMIC | HID's (Dip & Fog's)| MRC Re-map SII | Carbon interior | De-chromed | Short shift | Samco Air Hoses |

http://smogthemog.blogspot.com/

Comment

• OOOpppp already running an AAN so you will just have to suck it and see, making the IM smaller is a bad idea IMHO. The reason I opted for the chopped manifold is to counteract the larger cooler and just to remove majority of the intake tract to try to reduce lag on the 7A cams
            Dark Grey Avant
            RS2 FARB
            Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

• Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
              IIRC bo yours was the 63mm inlet and outlet, i've seen the 76mm one's on the bay and will have to go for that as from what i've heard the guy cannot get the 63mm one's anymore, just have to use some spacers or a pair of mark h mods to take up the difference.
              But it looks more like 3" ie 76mm and I think the tube was 76, anyway, I gone and bought the 76mm one now, and all the 76mm tube and stuff Also if it had been the 63 then the tube from the turbo would have fitted it surely

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

• Most ive seen are 3", mine Dougs, Toms and marks were all 3". just use some 76-63 90deg reducer elbows.

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
                  But it looks more like 3" ie 76mm and I think the tube was 76, anyway, I gone and bought the 76mm one now, and all the 76mm tube and stuff Also if it had been the 63 then the tube from the turbo would have fitted it surely
                  That should be fine John, if they are to large you can just use reducers liek martin said.

I cant find any reference to the ones of my IC. sorry.

Also your Crossmember was sent out today. Should arrive before the end of the week.

Cheers.
                  91 S2 coupé - RIP
                  98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• Originally posted by s2_bo View Post
                    That should be fine John, if they are to large you can just use reducers like martin said.

I cant find any reference to the ones of my IC. sorry.

Also your Crossmember was sent out today. Should arrive before the end of the week.

Cheers.
                    Hmm, looking at your pipes again I'm thinking 76..

I'd better send the cheque then!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Crossmember arrived this morning, thanks Bo! I'll need to do some mods though as the spacing of the IC brackets is wider than the lugs on the IC..

I think I've really messed up with this 3" piping though it looks HUGE! And the IC inlet and outlet are almost 80mm! The ally pipe is cool though, really light, I'm going to do a test fit tomorrow to see if I can get it all to fit before I send it back Actually if it'll fit it will certainly flow some air Oh yes, and the intercooler weighs a ton, must be almost solid ally!
                      Last edited by newsh; 4 November 2007, 00:10.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Shame that the brackets dont fit. Maybe you can just attach something to them to mount the IC.

Would be nice to see some pics of your progress to. The alloy pipe sounds good. even if it is maybe a tad large.

Cheers.
                        Bo
                        91 S2 coupé - RIP
                        98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• Yes, shame but I can mod it to suit, the difficult part is the member itself which you've done for me.

Hers a pic of some of the bits laid out on the garage floor last night.
                          Attached Files

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Shame that it doest fit. have you got someone that can re weld the brackets? I can send up a couple of new ones if you like, then you dont have to cut the other ones off.

Cheers.
                            Bo
                            91 S2 coupé - RIP
                            98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• @newsh - did you get yours from the intercooler king as if so looks like I will have the same problems when I get mine.

@bo - how did you mount the base of the intercooler did you make up a bracket or just use either the crossmember/pipes to hold it in or bolt it to the bumper?

Comment

• Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                                @bo - how did you mount the base of the intercooler did you make up a bracket or just use either the crossmember/pipes to hold it in or bolt it to the bumper?
                                Mine is only mounted at the top, Its very sturdy though. All the pipe work holds it in position too. There is no way it would swing back at the pulley. :d
                                91 S2 coupé - RIP
                                98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Working...
                                X