Clear All

• Good plan. Thanks Lago.
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Got it sussed. The subframe needs moving slightly. I have positive camber one side and negative the other. Wishbones on correctly and ball joints same as what came off.
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Mate that's great news. Pleased you found the problem. So it must be BEER time .

Comment

• Excellent news.
          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
          96 URS6 plus speck estate
          94 2.6 80 Avant
          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• So, today was meant to be a good day but it didn't quite work out to plan. S2 ownership can be very frustrating at times.
            I was booked in for four wheel alignment at a garage some 20 miles away. Recommended by a good local vw/Audi mechanic. I haven't got my wings back from paint yet so I cant get the car mot'd so borrowed a trailer from one of my neighbours. He very kindly dropped it off as he was passing my way over the weekend. Unfortunately, It wasn't a proper car trailer, but more a flat bed. He supplied two good long ramps but when I had a good look at the height of the deck and the angle I would be driving up on I realised that I would ground out and may damage the exhaust. I didn't want to chance it after all the work I have done. No problem, there is a good local trailer hire place down the road (15 miles away). Gave them a ring and all was good to go, they had a trailer for rent. Drove over and collected the Brian James 14ft jobbie, perfect I thought and I was still in good time for my 11.30 booking. Got home, reversed up to the garage, put the ramps down, got the ties ready, opened up the garage doors, jumped into the S2...……..and it wouldn't start. So, I will just pop the bonnet and have a look...……………...and the bonnet wont open
            There is plenty of petrol in it, the battery is fully charged and its turning over, just not firing.
            I haven't run the engine for some time, a couple of months at least. The only thing I have done since it was last run was to install the coil pack conversion. So, I need to have a good look tomorrow and eliminate the basics first. One thing I did notice is that there is no petrol smell from the exhaust, despite several attempts to start. I would have expected some smell.
            So, I had to cancel the booking, take the hire trailer back (they laughed when I told them my story but didn't charge me, so worth it) and take my neighbours trailer back (plus bottle). This evening I read up on how to open your bonnet when stuck and got that done by passing a long thin screwdriver above each headlamp to push the spring. Now I just need to figure out why it wont run. Yes Lyn - beer time
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Immob
              Or fuel pump has died?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
                Immob
                Or fuel pump has died?
                Maybe fuel pump. Is it just one fuse (13) and one relay for the fuel pump?
                I don't seem to have an immobiliser.
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Do we have a spark ?. Or just Beer and lots off it

Comment

• Check the fuse, details on the fuse box lid. Pull the fuel pump relay, pop the top off, check it looks ok inside, replace minus top and squeeze to close the contacts, the pump should run.
                    (Or remove the relay and bridge the appropriate contacts with a jumper wire).

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Also with the top off the relay you can check to see if it’s closing when you crank.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Mine does this often usualy my pump relay playing up I've changed it but second hand ones are a unknown entity also, usualy give it a tap and she starts

Comment

• Fuel pump and relay good. Removed a spark plug and it was wet. Checked and I have a spark. I thought my coils might be short so cut them down a little and they fit good. Still won t start. Maybe I have dodgy coil packs? They were second hand ebay purchase. Any way to test them?
                          Nothelle S2 Avant
                          Black Ur project
                          Ocianic Ur project gone
                          S2 Coupe project gone
                          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• If it were me, I'd stick a plug onto the end of each coil and position them so as they're earthed to the engine, disconnect injector wiring or immobilise fuel pump and have an accomplice crank the engine while you observe the spark at the plugs.....or not.

Is it possible that prior to starting this time you've previously ran the engine for a short period and caused engine to flood this time?

Comment

• Thanks everyone for advice.
                              Did the spark test. All good.
                              I tried trimming a little off each coil pencil as I’m not 100% they are properly reaching the plugs.

Then cleaned all the plugs (they were wet) and tried again. A little spluttering but still wouldn’t start.
                              I may have to get another set of coil pencils. These are 1cm shorter than the ones Newsh measured for me back a few pages and possibly not making good contact to the plugs.
                              Is there a way to purge a flooded engine? Is the ABY prone to flooding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Nothelle S2 Avant
                              Black Ur project
                              Ocianic Ur project gone
                              S2 Coupe project gone
                              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Leave the plugs out overnight or get in there with an airline to get air flowing and evaporating any fuel lingering in their.

It might be worth having a look for leaking injectors. It is surprising how little it takes dribbling out after shut down to cause starting trouble. 2 out of 5 on my 7a dribbled and not very much. It was much better at starting when I swapped them out.

Comment

Working...
                                X