Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My S2 coupe bit of a rebuild and repair thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its a bit of a pig to get .... but yes rubber better than poly in this location.

Comment

• When fitting, I do remember having to think about the orientation of the bush before pushing it into it's aluminium housing so that the diff would still stay level wherever the bush bolt engaged in the elongated slot in the mounting and still line up.

Comment

• Agreed, orientation matters, check against the poly bush if it is still in there....

Comment

• It was the original OEM bush that was fitted which has a centre hole. However I found this image from a thread back in 2103, so will press it in as highlighted unless someone knows any different.
          1-bush.jpg

Comment

• From memory that looks right

Comment

• Wonder if someone could provide any help with this. Tomorrow I'm going to remove the fuel tank from the car along with the fuel lines, as some one has made a right bodged job when replacement lines were fitted. Also removing them as while I've been under the car today, I smelt fuel on a few occasions. I cannot see any leaks there is just a smell of petrol. I want to take the grinder to the car to remove the rust, and don't want a fireball while I'm doing this.

From not a very good memory there is less then 1/4 of a tank left so want to understand the best way of removing the tank on the coupe. The boot area is already stripped down, can I remove it with the fuel inside the tank or am I best draining the tank first, if so what is the best way of doing that on this car.

Thanks for any advice.

Comment

• Just stick 12v to the pump and attach a hose to it, and dangle in a petrol can....

Hand car was places are a good source of 25l cans.

Comment

• Originally posted by B5NUT View Post
                  It was the original OEM bush that was fitted which has a centre hole. However I found this image from a thread back in 2103, so will press it in as highlighted unless someone knows any different.
                  1-bush.jpg
                  The centre hole clearly has to remain on the horizontal centre line so either of the lower pictures is possible. Checking my car tonight, the mounting is fitted as in the bottom left photo. This was because I measured what I thought was best to get the bolt to line up within the slot in the subframe mount. As long as the bolt will pass through somewhere along the slot either of the bottom two orientations will suffice.

If you can, have a look at where along the slot the original OE mount bolt with its central hole sat before you took it apart. If the original was off-centre in the slot use the orientation of the replacement mount to bring it back towards the centre - even if it then overshoots the centre a little.

Comment

• Maybe this helps to see the direction Audi used?

JW
                    | project | 1993 Audi 80 VR6 turbo quattro |
                    | daily | 2006 BMW E91 335d | 385bhp 735Nm |

Comment

• The original OEM bush is centred, and you cannot buy the original bush, just the off centre version.

Comment

• A quick search and I found this. I'm sure there are others.
                        https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...fuel-tank-leak
                        Nothelle S2 Avant
                        Black Ur project
                        Ocianic Ur project gone
                        S2 Coupe project gone
                        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
                          Just stick 12v to the pump and attach a hose to it, and dangle in a petrol can....

Hand car was places are a good source of 25l cans.
                          Thanks. I'll just put the old fuel into my wife's A3. I'll get some fresh fuel when I'm ready to start the car again.

Comment

• Originally posted by B5NUT View Post
                            The original OEM bush is centred, and you cannot buy the original bush, just the off centre version.
                            Ok, I missed that bit of info

JW
                            | project | 1993 Audi 80 VR6 turbo quattro |
                            | daily | 2006 BMW E91 335d | 385bhp 735Nm |

Comment

• Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                              A quick search and I found this. I'm sure there are others.
                              https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...fuel-tank-leak
                              Never smelt any fuel inside the car it was just when I was working underneath, so I'm hoping the tank is not cracked.
                              Last edited by B5NUT; 12 January 2022, 09:32.

Comment

• A single picture that captures the quality of the work done to this car in the past. Half arsed, half finished, half a job, that'll do.
                                1-ffs.jpg

Sums my car up nicely
                                2-nice.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X