No announcement yet.

UrS4 2.2T Avant project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have saw toothed belts on some drag motors so it can be done. Looking good Thomas.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Thomas!
      You know what?Your every update is a party for me.If somehow I will visit Finland,I wanna drink some beer with you.hehe

Comment

• Thanks guys! Usually they use toothed belts on those HC V8 supercharged dragster engines, but then again the supercharger may eat same amount of power as my small little 5cyl engine will produce.

But it could have been made with toothed belt/pulleys but I then would have to fabricate a custom pulley for the SC and it may be hard to find properly lenght belt and the other pulleys. If there is slippage, then there is one thing to do still. I now use a 7-rib belt because the crank pulley is an old bmw steering pump pulley just welded on. The SC and the extra pulley are both 8-rib. I may soon get an crank adapter to fit an ATI-damper and then I could use a 8-rib pulley on it.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
        Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
        BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
        BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Originally posted by Dima ABY View Post
          Thomas!
          You know what?Your every update is a party for me.If somehow I will visit Finland,I wanna drink some beer with you.hehe
          Dima I try to keep every update interesting with pics, nice that you like it. You are welcome to visit.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Hard to get the 4" intake pipe and airfilter to fit behind the bumper. The K&N filter was quite big.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• always exciting when you post something
              is this been permanently mounted now or still try to fit some things?
              audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
              TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
              AEM W/M injection

Comment

• The corner is not finished yet. Still will need the pipe from the upper IC to the turbo inlet(y-pipe), and need to make a differend design one-way valve. Also some pipings need to be done on the other side. Then when all pipings and bits are finished, everything will be removed, incl. the engine. Next step is to finish the stroker... some time will pass...

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Twin charged

Hi Guys can I just ask how you are both getting on with your projects. Real interesting for me, as I was thinking of going this way or compound turbo setup.
                  How's drivability? what clutch you using? S**t I could go on with the questions all night. But strait out guys that's some Good work. Big power no lag? But different approaches, how would they compare? What is the change over from SC-T like to map?

Comment

• Originally posted by meep meep View Post
                    Hi Guys can I just ask how you are both getting on with your projects. Real interesting for me, as I was thinking of going this way or compound turbo setup.
                    How's drivability? what clutch you using? S**t I could go on with the questions all night. But strait out guys that's some Good work. Big power no lag? But different approaches, how would they compare? What is the change over from SC-T like to map?

as i see it is thomas his setup far more easier and simpler than mine about boost regulation and parts you needed,thomas his charger is always active with running engine,mine has a clutch.by thomas his setup the charger blows to ic in to the turbo inlet and after turbo to ic to intake.mine the turbo blows in to ic to inlet charger and after charger to intake,the charger have a bypass valve thats open when charger disengaged at 4800 rpm.for my boost regulation i need the normal waste gate plus 2 elek valves to conrol this.thomas uses only the normal turbo waste gate.if I was you I choose for thomas his setup . i had now room in my enginebay to make it like thomas so thats why i choose for a different setup
                    AEM W/M injection

Comment

• Room might also be an issue for me with mine being a CQ20v? Why bid Thomas change the position of the SC from it's lower position to up top?

Comment

• Becose the hand is longer on new SC,and there is no room for it

Poslato sa G7-L01 uz pomoć Tapatoka

Comment

• Yes, as Nick told, my setup is quite simpple, only one moving valve, even that works without any outside control(electricity, vacuum, pressure etc.). It may take some more space, you need to move the air to the other side of the engine bay, to the turbo, and then back again to the IM. The transition between the supercharger and turbo is automatically ideal, the valve starts to open when the turbo needs more air that the supercharger can feed. The transition area is simpple to map, no problem there. Only proplem in mapping would be the area when you cruising under vacuum and then press the throttle, it will directly go from vacuum to pressure, and that area is diffucult to get perfect. It happens so fast, it usually will go on the lean side for a sec or so.

I have been using Sachs SRE clutch with a 4-puck sinter disc. With this setup I will go with AP-Racing twin disc 7.25" clutch.

And as Majorcina told, the M112 will not fit in the aircon compressor location.
                          Last edited by Thuppu; 10 August 2016, 17:38.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Made a new one-way valve today. Slim fit and rubust HD version. ID size is 76mm(3") and it can be welded directly on a 4" pipe.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Nice,still waiting you to get some time and make me one 3" to 😃 This is going to be a beast

Poslato sa G7-L01 uz pomoć Tapatoka

Comment

• a component that you just can not grab of the shelf,except at thomas place
                                AEM W/M injection

Comment

Working...
                                X