No announcement yet.

New S2 Avant Nothelle N300 owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My caliper bolts are 70mm. According to what I’ve found on the internet, 993 caliper bolts should be 77mm long. They are about 4 mm short. I’ve ordered four new proper Porsche ones. Not cheap but not worth taking a risk.

Better news. I fixed my sunroof! It had Jammed itself fully open as the liner I used was a bit thick which caused the cover to come off and get stuck. All good now.

Has anyone got a pic as to how the horns attach? I’m not sure which way they should face in relation to the resistor plate. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• The bolt in the picture is more like 60mm

When you measure a bolt you don’t include the head.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

• Good news on the sunroof
        Make sure the “drip tray” is present and hooked up to the travelling part. You should see it when you tilt the roof up, just below the rear edge of the cutout.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
          The bolt in the picture is more like 60mm

When you measure a bolt you don’t include the head.

Ah. You learn something new every day! In that case, maybe the ones I've ordered will be too long
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by Tractor Dave

Ah. You learn something new every day! In that case, maybe the ones I've ordered will be too long
            But can be shortened

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Good news on the sunroof
              Make sure the “drip tray” is present and hooked up to the travelling part. You should see it when you tilt the roof up, just below the rear edge of the cutout.
              Is that separate to the bit with the liner? The tray held in with the pegs?
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• It’s s kind of a little bridge about 3 or 4cm wide, it sits across the car under the back of the sunroof opening when it’s closed to catch any water getting past the seal and carry it to the outer edges of the cassette tray where it can then get to the drains.
                When the roof slides back it gets pushed back into the cassette. Because it’s attached with two little flexible arms it can become detached and get left behind up the back of the cassette. You usually find out when you take the car out in the rain, put the brakes on at the first corner and get a litre of water in your lap.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

It’s s kind of a little bridge about 3 or 4cm wide, it sits across the car under the back of the sunroof opening when it’s closed to catch any water getting past the seal and carry it to the outer edges of the cassette tray where it can then get to the drains.
                  When the roof slides back it gets pushed back into the cassette. Because it’s attached with two little flexible arms it can become detached and get left behind up the back of the cassette. You usually find out when you take the car out in the rain, put the brakes on at the first corner and get a litre of water in your lap.
                  I will check tomorrow. That's two things I've learnt today! Now its beer time
                  Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Been admiring your brakes/subframe refurbishment as I will have to tackle this job on my 80q in the future.
                    You maybe have them already but you are missing the plastic clip that fits on the top strut bolt and holds the ABS sensor cable

clip.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by sjw185 View Post
                      Been admiring your brakes/subframe refurbishment as I will have to tackle this job on my 80q in the future.
                      You maybe have them already but you are missing the plastic clip that fits on the top strut bolt and holds the ABS sensor cable

clip.jpg
                      Didn't know about those. Thanks very much!
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• I didn’t get much time in the garage today. I did manage to finish the brake pipes on the nearside.

Fitted the horns (not sure if the plate is the right way around)

And my new thermostat arrived.

I managed to fit it without draining the coolant. Bucket underneath and quick out with the old and in with the new job!

Has anyone changed to silicon brake fluid? Is it worth the extra expense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Nothelle S2 Avant
                        Black Ur project
                        Ocianic Ur project gone
                        S2 Coupe project gone
                        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Excellent work again and you must have been chuffed when it started 1st time.

Comment

• Has anyone changed to silicon brake fluid? Is it worth the extra?
                            There’s a lot of confusion about this
                            I don’t think you want to use Dot5 which is pure silicone (famously used in Harley Davidsons), you can use any DOT 4 including Dot 4 synthetic as long as you flush through if you’re replacing Dot 4 glycol.
                            Confusingly Dot 5.1 can be used like Dot 4, it just has an even higher boiling point.
                            I’ve never used anything other than Dot4 and never had issues on road or track.
                            Important thing is to change it fairly regularly, on the bikes it’s recommended to do so every 2 years.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• DOT4 will do everything you ever need on a road car.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bowie69
                                DOT4 will do everything you ever need on a road car.
                                Agreed!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X