No announcement yet.

Audi RS2 -94 Swe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolts and other stuff sendt for electrogalvanizing, calipers at the paint shop. Took like 8hr to blast and mask the calipers. Hopfully they will turn out good looking

image_76447.jpgimage_76448.jpg

Comment

• looking good I recently rebuilt the entire suspension and braking system on my RS I have never shot blasted so much surface rust from car suspension as bad as this but after painting its worth the effort
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by joss01 View Post
        looking good I recently rebuilt the entire suspension and braking system on my RS I have never shot blasted so much surface rust from car suspension as bad as this but after painting its worth the effort
        Thanks. Yeah, there are some surface rust on my suspension parts to, but not as much as i had on my URS4 when i did the total underneat refurb. This RS2 is summer driven since it came to Sweden in 2001 and before i bought it, it was on jack stands since 2013. Any pictures of your car after you did the suspension/brake rebuild?

Comment

• The photo I sent has the complete suspension rebuilt and reinstalled I had an issue with the Bilstein shocks as they are the wrong ride height so I had to dissamsemlre the rear end. I have also just sent the wheels for refurbishment I will get some pics over to you when reinstalled.

Comment

• Nice, don’t forget to change the Calipers brake line they are mild steel and rust from inside,some people forgets them
            1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
            2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
            2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
            2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrath View Post
              Nice, don’t forget to change the Calipers brake line they are mild steel and rust from inside,some people forgets them
              Ok, didn't know that, thought they where copper.

Comment

• Today i picked up some fresh "made" brackets and fasteners for the brakes and some other things.

45764-766e0c9081d9cb1749058000ce3e965a.jpg

45764-70bae500daeb97dcccbc2b6aeeb2ee27.jpg

Comment

• Hopefully its not too late but as you gone that far on your calipers, I would pay serious attention to the brake pad guide plates. They are notorious for trapping corrosion behind them and lifting from the caliper body causing issues with brake pads sticking.
                  Basically unless they are perflectly flush with the caliper body then there is likely to be corrosion behind them. From your pics it looks as though they is an issue on the one caliper thats visible!
                  Warning they are not easy to remove due to the small screws and disimiliar materials! Worth spending an evening researching the issue!

Comment

• Originally posted by twoqu View Post
                    Hopefully its not too late but as you gone that far on your calipers, I would pay serious attention to the brake pad guide plates. They are notorious for trapping corrosion behind them and lifting from the caliper body causing issues with brake pads sticking.
                    Basically unless they are perflectly flush with the caliper body then there is likely to be corrosion behind them. From your pics it looks as though they is an issue on the one caliper thats visible!
                    Warning they are not easy to remove due to the small screws and disimiliar materials! Worth spending an evening researching the issue!
                    Yeah i spent a long time trying to get the bolts off, heating etc. But the screws wouldn't move a bit. Instead of breaking things i blasted as much as i could behind/between and got lots of corrosion out. The corrosion as you see in the picture has bendt the guide plate. After blasting i could bend it with not much force to its original place (tested with a brake pad). Ideal would for sure be to get them off and blast/paint behind. But to get to the bolts/drill them out it looks to me that the calipers have to be split, and to do that the guides need to be removed... In my case destroy them to split the calipers. I choose to not do this at the moment. Hopfully it will not cause problems for many years, the car will never see salty roads again in my time. Thanks for your sharp eye's and advice

Comment

• Long long day in the garage, but now he idles like brand new Shame on me, i had missed out on the timing of the camshafts. Some how i had set the camshafts to "zero" when the camgear was retarded the half tooth out. The inlet cam was a tooth wrong on the camshain, must have been totaly wasted in the head when i did it as i knew how it was supposed to be..
                      Anyway, big relief this day, this have cost me lots and lots of time. Now i will celebrate with a beer.
                      Little video from tonights work:

Last edited by s0_big; 17 March 2020, 16:42.

Comment

• Today it was time for an oil change. Engine has done 500km on 20W50 kendall mineral oil. Now i'm using the same oil as in my UrS4, Motul 15W50 full synthetic, oil filter used is from 1.8T (Mann 940/66). Still waiting on the brake calipers from the painter. Will post when i get them back

20191204_124626.jpg

Comment

• Got some new parts (Exept for the old fog light) for the car today, also a set of drilled front brake discs and pads. Happy days with new parts
                          Fog lights and turn signals original Hella, will make the front end look so much better.
                          image_76557.jpg 45764-555ae4878ca12e438dc2ea9e9786f7cc.jpg

Last edited by s0_big; 6 December 2019, 14:54.

Comment

• Good evening.. Yesterday the painter put the last cover of clearcoat on my calipers. Was there a few days ago and fitted the Porsche stickers after he painted them red and clearcoated them. Then they had a cover of clear coat again to protect the stickers. They turned out really nice i think. Painted in VW Tonrnadorot (LY3D). So todays evening fun was to strip the masking, said and done. Now it's time for a christmas movie and a beer

45764-2064fa7c99a6f63acbaf6ebf6cc51beb.jpg 45764-87d5ec2c41d4b2fbff1552e432aebcdd.jpg 45764-eedb64710daca9b4bcc10b955f2052d4.jpg 45764-e320b0fa6873ce5966b234aefd52ead6.jpg

Last edited by s0_big; 20 December 2019, 21:09.

Comment

• Beautiful
                              You must have deep pockets to go for the OEM drilled discs
                              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                                Beautiful
                                You must have deep pockets to go for the OEM drilled discs
                                Thanks! No, no deep pockets here. The front is new Sebro discs, rear is the ones that came with the car, also Sebro. Just blasted and painted..

45764-de221e585b19e52276502b00436b2034.jpg

45764-5964fa2a96a869c870c8b58075bddc9b.jpg 45764-97381ec0a7cae4131053ddcf4fd84516.jpg 45764-beee83ee9ac79cfc8b8b8902331a50af.jpg
                                Last edited by s0_big; 27 December 2019, 21:04.

Comment

Working...
                                X