Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Filled and bled the brakes

Started off with the vac bleeder. After a few minutes it just stopped working!

So, changed to my older but more reliable easy bleed

Took ages for the front brakes to bleed. The back brakes were really quick.
      Then, suddenly noticed I had a leak!
      The join under the car from engine bay to rear brakes. Had to stop and re make the joint. Tried just a little tighter but the leak just got worse. Had to re do the flare.
      Then bled the clutch. Thanks to Error404 for his ‘how to bleed the clutch’ thread. Very helpful. Still a PITA!

Then ran the engine. The new thermostat did the trick and the fan kicked in just above 90 on the gauge.

Presses the brake pedal a few times and it did go solid but is now a bit soft. Going to re bleed to see if some air has moved around.
      Clutch initially felt good but pedal now on floor and not returning so going to bleed that again as well.
      All fun and games!
      I made a handy joint for the easy bleed. Set the compressor at 2 bar.

Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Bled everything again and now the brakes and clutch all seem good
        Had a few niggly little coolant leaks. Do jubilee clips loosen themselves? I had some that seemed quite loose Especially the hard to get to ones!

Thanks to everyone for the advice on brake fluid. I read an article in practical classics which suggested Dot 5 silicone fluid was better for cars that don't get used much in the winter as it doesn't absorb moisture. Its £15 a litre on ebay and I've just used two liters of DOT4 filling and flushing my car from empty at £5 a liter. It wont need changing for 2-3 years so I recon its not really worth the extra expense as I would probably end up changing DOT5 after 3-4 years anyway.

Happy now with where I am. Everything seems to work so I can start putting the front bumper, lights and wheels on then drop it off the axle stands and torque up the wishbones and hub bolts. I then need to pay the paint shop man a visit and see if he remembers me calling for a quote back in January!
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• That all sounds excellent Dave i bet you can't wait to drive the car now! i hope your paint man is a good one?
          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
          96 URS6 plus speck estate
          94 2.6 80 Avant
          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
            That all sounds excellent Dave i bet you can't wait to drive the car now! i hope your paint man is a good one?
            You are spot on. I cant wait. I'm going to force myself to wait until after the winter is gone though as the roads around me are well and truly salty now

As far as paint goes, there isn't much choice around me. Local man has been highly recommended. I am worried though. I'm not keen on anyone touching it now after all the blood sweat and tears I've put in.
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post

You are spot on. I cant wait. I'm going to force myself to wait until after the winter is gone though as the roads around me are well and truly salty now

As far as paint goes, there isn't much choice around me. Local man has been highly recommended. I am worried though. I'm not keen on anyone touching it now after all the blood sweat and tears I've put in.
              Probably a wise decision to leave it a while untill the salt goes but i'm sure you'll be champing at the bit.

Ive been recommended a local painter to me for the A2 and it came back way below par a couple days ago now. They only did half the work scheduled. It was so crap that even though the Boss said i realise now that you know the game and i'll paint it myself this time, i told him no chance. Currently looking elsewhere now. Googling them for reviews helps. I hope you man is a good un as it's soul destroying trusting your pride and joy only for it to not meet up to expectations. Just saying as it's a minefield out there mate.
              96 URS6 plus speck saloon
              96 URS6 plus speck estate
              94 2.6 80 Avant
              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• Quattro Coach Works for paint top boys

Comment

• Great project
                  It must be nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel!
                  With regards to the paint i'd be prepared to travel,even if it means trailering the car a few hundred miles,you don't want to be dissapointed on the final hurdle.
                  It's a love/hate relationship with the S2,i love it,it hates me

Comment

• https://www.s2forum.com/forum/welcom...tro-coachworks
                    Check out their work it's top notch

Comment

• How did you get on with the exhaust Dave?
                      I found another post- cat Y piece in the garage today, output pipe is the the same at 66mm OD.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh
                        How did you get on with the exhaust Dave?
                        I found another post- cat Y piece in the garage today, output pipe is the the same at 66mm OD.
                        That could be very useful as I am struggling to get a decent join to the middle box that looks right. I will email you.

The proper Porsche bolts arrived and I fitted them no problem. There are a little long but don’t cause any issues.

Nothelle S2 Avant
                        Black Ur project
                        Ocianic Ur project gone
                        S2 Coupe project gone
                        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Hmmm, those are not the OEM caliper bolts. Are they the correct grade? (min 10.9?).
                          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                            Hmmm, those are not the OEM caliper bolts. Are they the correct grade? (min 10.9?).
                            Yes, 10.9. Got them from 911 design. They are meant to be OE Porsche for 911. I paid £30 for the four including postage!
                            Nothelle S2 Avant
                            Black Ur project
                            Ocianic Ur project gone
                            S2 Coupe project gone
                            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Hmmm, but there is no shank on them!

Not what I would have expected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
                                Hmmm, but there is no shank on them!

Not what I would have expected.

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/pt66_...--Disc-Screws/

Brake Caliper Mounting Bolts. Porsche Various Models

Code: 99906704209
                                Brake Caliper Mounting Bolts. M12 x 1.5 x 77. 2 x Bolts required per Caliper, Fits front & Rear Calipers.

Geniune Porsche product.

Fits:
                                Porsche 993 C2S/C4S/Turbo
                                Porsche 996 GT3
                                Porsche 996 GT2

Price: £4.88
                                Qty to Order

Nothelle S2 Avant
                                Black Ur project
                                Ocianic Ur project gone
                                S2 Coupe project gone
                                Urs6 plus project gone